Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Ten Thousand Dreams by Mike Turner

Serinus

Ten Thousand Dreams

I wake from these ten thousand dreams

Of sailing ships and flying wings

Of storm-tossed seas and sandy shores

Tonight to sleep and dream some more

To mountain heights and canyon depths

Ten thousand lives, ten thousand deaths

Of setting sun and morning light

To dream another dream tonight

Awake, asleep, each cycle new

Some black and white, some brightly hued

Some in the past, some present day

Some set in futures far away

And as each dawning page is turned

I now reflect on what I’ve learned

That nothing’s really as it seems

All this life’s just 

Ten thousand dreams


Author's Note: This poem was inspired by Yongbo Ma’s “Retrospect”, which FEED THE HOLY published on March 14, 2026. I read the first line (“I seem to wake from a thousand dreams”), and “Ten Thousand Dreams” immediately came to me,  pretty much fully formed. It was only later that I read the rest of Youngbo’s poem. So I am indebted to Yongbo and FEED THE HOLY for the inspiration. 


© Mike Turner


Enjoy more posts by Mike Turner HERE.



Mike Turner

Mike Turner was named 2025 Poet of the Year by the Alabama State Poetry Society. He has more than 475 poems published in over 100 curated journals and anthologies. Mike’s poetry collection, Visions and Memories (Sweetycat Press, 2021), is available on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Ten Thousand Dreams by Mike Turner

Serinus Ten Thousand Dreams I wake from these ten thousand dreams Of sailing ships and flying wings Of storm-tossed seas and sandy shores T...