Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Homage to My Feet by Peter A. Witt

 

Eric McLean


Homage to My Feet

You've served me well

these 82 years, feeling the ground,
barefoot in my younger days,
holding me upright in my latter days;
you've never swelled, except
the time I stepped into a fire
ant nest, you've never broken,
which is miraculous given
my missteps and falls, but
most of all I'm pleased you've
retained your shape, no toes
pointing this way and that,
no protruding bunions or knobs,
and no pain when wearing
"regular" shoes, and
considering the smell
of my best friend's feet,
I'm blessed by your

lack of odor; so thanks
for keeping me steady
and accept my apologies
for not praising you more.


© Peter A. Witt

Enjoy more posts by Peter A. Witt HERE.

Peter A. Witt


Peter
 A. Witt
 is a Texas poet and a recovering academic who lost his adjectives in the doldrums of academic writing. Poetry has helped him recover his ability to see and describe the inner and outer world he inhabits. His work has been twice nominated for Best of the Net. He also writes family history, and is an avid bird and wildlife photographer.


Follow Feed the Holy


1 comment:

  1. We all have them. Fresh perspective. Never take them for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Renaissance by Edilson A. Ferreira

Elina Volkova Renaissance I was asleep in a dream full of nightmares  and ate scraps of hope, milled in the impersonal and mechanical time m...