![]() |
| Eugene Golovesov |
SON ALONE
I wish I could feel grief
at my mother's passing
or appreciation
for her love and care,
but I don't.
Though I discovered,
in her last week,
that she did care
about me,
and that changed
my perspective
and saw her pain,
her damaged soul,
that I was born into,
I only feel relief
even after these years
that she's now gone,
that our contact
is over.
My father, on
the other hand –
I miss him still
after more than half
a century.
He was kind.
He showed he cared.
He was glad, I know,
that I was his.
What might have been
if he had lived,
grown old,
become granpa,
become companion
to his grown son?
I'll never know.
I'll never know....
Enjoy more posts by Duane L. Herrmann HERE.
![]() |
| Duane L. Herrmann |
With degrees in Education and History, Duane L. Herrmann has work published in print and online, in fifty-plus anthologies, over one hundred other publications (Gonzo Press, Tiny Seed Literary Journal, Page and Spine, etc), plus a sci fi novel, eight collections of poetry, a local history, stories for children, a book on fasting and other works, despite an abusive childhood with dyslexia, ADHD, cyclothymia, an anxiety disorder, a form of Mutism, and now, PTSD.


Beautiful, Duane!
ReplyDeleteWish I could have met your Dad. Was he a lot like the Lutz brothers?
ReplyDelete