Monday, November 3, 2025

Grounded by Tina Hudak

 

Pixabay

Grounded

I have been pinned to this spot

for decades.

Winds blow hard through here. Often.

Rains sweep across the ground

in torrents. 

At times like these I revel in this possibility

I just might become unpinned.

Yet, here I am. Still. Stuck. 

The proverbial butterfly 

in the shadow box

hanging with wings spread;

colors glowing;

people passing to Oooo and Ahhhh


Yet, I remain hopeful. 

My desiccated body

will soon shrivel.

The heavy steel pin will no longer hold me 

And with the coming  storm 

I will blow away. Upwards-

to finally feel the world.

© Tina Hudak

Enjoy other posts by Tina Hudak HERE.

Tina Hudak

Tina Hudak is a writer-artist in the Washington, D.C. area. Her work is held by the Library of Congress and the Harvard Art Library, as well as small-press publications in the U.S. and overseas. Visit TinaOpines and "A Blue Bunny Studio" on WordPress.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Tina! I love the idea of disintegration as an escape.

    ReplyDelete

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Catch a Falling Leaf by Todd Matson

Beyzanur K Catch a Falling Leaf Dad sat like a potted plant in his old, threadbare chair while mom watered dad, sprinkled him with food. Th...