Saturday, July 5, 2025

Soft Soled Shoes by Laura Rodley

Dobromir Dobrev


Soft Soled Shoes

 

Tripping on the edges of the afterlife

I’ve already begun to live,

clear waves foaming at my feet,

having died and been reborn

here in this body on this earth

several times, leaving,

then returning, wearing

clouds as a taste of the afterlife

I’m already steeped in,

the body not a shell,

the body breathing in the moisture

of the clouds which are the heaven

I’m steeped in.

Remember, I won’t forget.

I won’t forget.

© Laura Rodley

Enjoy more posts by Laura Rodley
HERE.


Laura Rodley


Pushcart Prize winner Laura Rodley's latest books are Turn Left at Normal by Big Table Press, Counter Point by Prolific Press, and Ribbons and Moths Poems for Children, winner of the Children's Nonfiction International Book Award and medalist for the Moonbeam Book Award for Children's Poetry. 


Follow Feed the Holy

1 comment:

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

One Day in 3020 by Soodabeh Saeidnia

akın akdağ One Day in 3020 children will be riding viruses, galloping them off to playgrounds, and dashing the most stubborn ones over the ...