Sunday, July 6, 2025

I Open My Front Door by DK Jammin’

Amal NR


I Open My Front Door
 

Let me just weep
For this place, this world,

And all the people in it,

Including me.

 

Whenever I open
My locked front door,

My reluctant heart,

It’s there.

 

Bereft of You,

Without each other,

Without a why, lost,

Isolation rules.

 

A friendly wave today,

Implacable hate tomorrow.

Turned both outward
And inward.

 

Not truly who we are,

But us for now,
Our light, our love,

Grayed out.

 

Often I push You away,

Keep You on my sleeve,

Rather than endure
It all.

 

I’m so, so sorry.
If I could do anything

Other than grieve,
I would.

 

I open my front door

And look, and –
It’s there. It’s there.
I weep.

© DK Jammin’ 

Enjoy other posts by DK Jammin' HERE.


DK Jammin’


DK Jammin’ is 73 years old and lives in Colorado. He graduated from Yale University, raised a daughter, and worked at the Texas Legislative Council in Austin.
His poetry has been published in Macrame Literary Journal, The Accendo Review, Soul Poetry, Metapsychosis Journal, Synchronized Chaos and in the Men’s Poetry Journal, “Enkidu.”

Follow Feed the Holy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

The tyranny of cognizance by Vandana Kumar

Саша Соколова The tyranny of cognizance Being clear-eyed is such a Burdened state Cognizance of time and clocks And deadlines The underst...