![]() |
| Pixabay |
the windows of your eyes
~ for Julie
the sun comes blaring in through the east window
heat and light too bright for gentle eyes
but a day bright is welcome after cloudiness
and heat to warm a heart from lonely night
when I think of you I think of brightness
the light that’s in the windows of your eyes
I am welcome into the heat that’s in your heart
the sun that keeps me warm all through the night
© James Joseph Snyder
Enjoy other posts by James Joseph Snyder HERE.
![]() |
| James J. Snyder |
James Joseph Snyder, retired engineer living in Minnesota. Writing poetry from a young age, published at age six in a book of children’s poems. He enjoys the revelations of wonder and the process of writing poetry. Publications include Lucky Jefferson, Ariel Chart, Spank the Carp, and Cracked Walnut Anthology 2023.


Nice!
ReplyDelete