Thursday, March 13, 2025

San Felipe by Laura Rodley

 



San Felipe 

 

Inside San Felipe church

there was a funeral service occurring

so I could not linger

the way I wished,

and the holy water canister was dry 

so I crossed my hands in prayer

and bowed once, seeking moisture,

which was all outside, as it had

rained the night before,

a blessing in reverse

to seal the cracks in the soil. 


© Laura Rodley

Enjoy more posts by Laura Rodley
HERE.


Laura Rodley


Pushcart Prize winner Laura Rodley's latest books are Turn Left at Normal by Big Table Press, Counter Point by Prolific Press, and Ribbons and Moths Poems for Children, winner of the Children's Nonfiction International Book Award and medalist for the Moonbeam Book Award for Children's Poetry. 


Follow Feed the Holy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

One Day in 3020 by Soodabeh Saeidnia

akın akdağ One Day in 3020 children will be riding viruses, galloping them off to playgrounds, and dashing the most stubborn ones over the ...