Monday, February 3, 2025

Fire and Bees by Kenneth Pobo



FIRE AND BEES

I descend

into a dishwasher, 

 

battle the slurg, 

weep with scalded plates.  

Wet eyelashes 

 

cover me in vision.  

Upstart time pulls 

a rug out 

from under me, 

threads made of fire 

and bees.

 

 © Kenneth Pobo

Enjoy other posts by Kenneth Pobo HERE.


Kenneth Pobo

Kenneth Pobo (he/him) is the author of twenty-one chapbooks and nine full-length collections.  Recent books include Bend of Quiet (Blue Light Press) and Loplop in a Red City (Circling Rivers). His work has appeared in Asheville Poetry Review, North Dakota Quarterly, Amsterdam Quarterly, Nimrod, Mudfish, Hawaii Review, and elsewhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

The Treasure by Bilal Al Masri

Gizem Gökce The Treasure  How can I be sure  that language is the treasure  in the hinterland of the soul?  I doubt that balconies –  which ...