Saturday, August 8, 2026

THIS WORLD by Lorraine Caputo

skigh_tv

THIS WORLD

I meditate in the blood light

of that eclipsing moon

When I return

to this world

my unsteady self

captures its image

I delve again

into that other world

deeply immersed in dreams

I do not remember

& awaken to a heavy rain

cleansing this world

© Lorraine Caputo

Enjoy more posts by Lorraine Caputo HERE.


Lorraine Caputo

Poet-translator Lorraine Caputo’s 
works appear internationally in over 500 journals and 23 collections of poetry – including In the Jaguar Valley (Dancing Girl Press, 2023). She is a Best of the Net and Pushcart Prize nominee. She journeys through Latin America, listening to the voices of the pueblos and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Last Morning in the Old House by Ruth Harper

Olavi Anttila Last Morning in the Old House The first tentative chirps of the day summon me to the dark porch  with my coffee. Daylight ap...