Thursday, August 6, 2026

Insults by Kushal Poddar

Rafael Minguel Delgado

Insults 

I didn't comprehend 
most of the slang, the bulk
of the insults. Soon lost
that safe bay, harbour 
of innocence. A friend 
told me, "Now you know 
that place where the tongue
of our country ends
and its brain fumbles
for the leash of the reign.
I asked him, "Am I now
included? In your clan?"
"Do you feel insecure?"
He asked. I looked around. 
It was a dry ocean.
It was a reflection of a dark stone.

© Kushal Poddar


Enjoy more posts by Kushal Poddar HERE.



Kushal Poddar


Kushal Poddar has authored ten books, the latest being
A White Can For The Blind Lane, and his works have been translated into twelve languages. He is a co-editor for Outlook Magazine and the editor of Words Surfacing. He does illustrations and sketches for various magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Insults by Kushal Poddar

Rafael Minguel Delgado Insults   I didn't comprehend  most of the slang, the bulk of the insults. Soon lost that safe bay, harbour  of i...