Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Poetry by Lorraine Caputo

with cloudd


BLUE AS …

… the sea gently washing to this shore

… the clear sky arched above our earth

… fresh calafate berries calling me to Patagonia

… the glacial river rushing through sharp canyons

… the nardo flower’s sweet scent thick

… those eyes I will never see again

… the sadness taking wing, fleeing my soul 

~~~~~

IN THE SUNSET SEA

 

Bands of rose ripple

across the deep blue water

As I lift my arms above

the golden sun reflects off

   the droplets

The gentle waves bathe my Spirit

soothing her

carrying away all the fatigue

all the sorrows

 

I sink into the sea’s warmth

   floating on its salty breadth

watching the now-orange sun

sink deeper behind the hills

Its colors spread wide

across the broken clouds

like an opal

 

I turn over & over in this iridescent water

just to feel my muscles move

to feel their pull with each stroke

just to know that

I’m still, I am still

alive

© Lorraine Caputo

Enjoy more posts by Lorraine Caputo HERE.


Lorraine Caputo

Poet-translator Lorraine Caputo’s
works appear internationally in over 500 journals and 23 collections of poetry – including In the Jaguar Valley (Dancing Girl Press, 2023). She is a Best of the Net and Pushcart Prize nominee. She journeys through Latin America, listening to the voices of the pueblos and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Ocean Haiku by Joshua St. Claire

  Aysegul Aytoren Ocean Haiku rough seas the sound of the Atlantic reclaims its sand ghost crab voice echoing through the nightstrand Acube...