Thursday, February 19, 2026

Daybreak by Bob McAfee

Rino Adamo


Daybreak

Light is dawning, yawning drowsily.

Mouse is skittering, chittering mousily.

Tree frog a-croaking, a-cloaking his infirmity.

Bullfrog is barking, marking his enormity.

I stand enchanted there.

Like a tree I’m planted there

observing nature, serving notice,

lacking stature, posture lotus,

taking in the morning lyrical, making much of the pondside miracle.


© Bob McAfee


Enjoy more Posts by Bob McAfee HERE.



Bob McAfee


Bob McAfee lives with his wife near Boston. He has written nine poetry books, mostly on love, aging, and the natural world. Forty-nine publications have accepted 124 poems. He hosts a Wednesday night Zoom poetry workshop. His website, www.bobmcafee.com, contains links to all his published poems.

2 comments:

  1. I love the flow of this. It has a whimsical feel that I like as well but I hate the word whimsical so I'll say waggish....I looked it up and it is indeed a simile to whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful musical language, enjoyable through and through

    ReplyDelete

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Hospital train by Mykyta Ryzhykh

Hospital (Medical) Train Doctors Without Borders Hospital train Definite article Infinitive of rain The carriage is filled with emptiness...