Wednesday, August 27, 2025

Man Outside a Store by Peter Mladinic

 

Timur Webber

Man Outside a Store


I slip him 3 folded ones, take the thanks

in his glazed eyes home,

to sit at a table. He might offer a name,

steal the flat screen, the china.

I might ask if the sound of rain on a roof

brings to mind a mother’s face.

He has hands to wash cars and dishes.

Is my 3 abetting a man kicked by

the system? We trade lives. He pulls away

in my Jeep Wrangler. In an alley

behind, housed the Tiger Rose pint I uncap stays in its paper sack as I drink it down.


This poem is from Peter's book Files of Information. 



Read more posts by Peter Mladinic HERE.


Peter Mladinic


Peter Mladinic's most recent book of poems, Maiden Rock
, is available from Uncollected Press. An animal rights advocate, he lives in Hobbs, New Mexico, United S
tates.

1 comment:

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Faith by William Ogden Haynes

Dulce Panebra Faith It was a sunny Sunday morning, halfway  through the service, when she left her religion  in the church. How ironic to ...