Sunday, August 17, 2025

A Scorpion In The Zero's Garden by Kushal Poddar

Paul Groom Photography Bristol


A Scorpion In The Zero's Garden

I never thought about zero,
perhaps because I lived in it.
One Zen master once told me -
when you stop thinking about 
something you already have it.
You may not have it, 
but the longing has ebbed. 
The infinitesimal space left 
is near to the fullest, to the infinity.

I garden rocks. Today a scorpion 
flashes its anthracite exoskeleton 
in the zero's garden, not mine,
and I wouldn't have known even 
if I owned that plot. I tell my daughter,
"Now on, check your shoes before 
wearing." She makes it a religion.
In the zero's garden, there always 
is a scorpion until we find 
an almost zero in its possibility.

© Kushal Poddar


Enjoy more posts by Kushal Poddar HERE.



Kushal Poddar


Kushal Poddar has authored ten books, the latest being
A White Can For The Blind Lane, and his works have been translated into twelve languages. He is a co-editor for Outlook Magazine and the editor of Words Surfacing. He does illustrations and sketches for various magazines.

1 comment:

  1. I will also definitely check my shoes in the zero's garden! What an interesting poem, Kushal.

    ReplyDelete

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

A SECOND CHANCE FOR BIMAL by Snigdha Agrawal

Muhammad Atik A SECOND CHANCE FOR BIMAL "Why are you late for work?" Madam asked Bimal in an irritable voice. "I was knocke...