Tuesday, July 29, 2025

To Have and To Hold by Susan Shea

 

Doralin Tunas


To Have and To Hold

​​​​

I kept looking for the place

​​​for the battery in the heated socks

​​​​you gave me, expecting another first

​​​​to add to the list of gifts I never

​​​​dreamed I would ever hold

 

​​​​but I am coming to understand

​​​​the warmth may be concealed

in the tendered fibers

designed to release

 

slow burning comfort that

creates its own electrical currents 

beyond what can be explained

​​​​on the packaging 

© Susan Shea

Enjoy other posts by Susan Shea HERE.

Susan Shea

Susan Shea’s poetry has been accepted by Chiron Review, Ekstasis, Loch Raven Review, LitBreak, Foreshadow, The Gentian, and others. Within the past few months, one of her poems was nominated for Best of the Net by Cosmic Daffodil, and three poems were nominated for a Pushcart Prize by Umbrella Factory Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

The Great Blue Heron by Terry Allen

Chris F The Great Blue Heron I’m out for a walk in the backland forest on the north side of the Chippewa Flowage. It’s early morning. It’s c...