Wednesday, June 4, 2025

Rendering by Laura Rodley

Olga Kovalski

Rendering

The fruit of elderberries

condensed into an elixir has healed me,

so many berries, pearls of antioxidants,

how many berries went into each spoonful

I swallow. Every time I waited

for our elderberries to ripen, the birds

got there first. Here in my spoon,

someone else has done the gathering,

deep indigo, royal purple,

I swallow forgiveness,

the ripening of fruit, the sun.


© Laura Rodley

Enjoy more posts by Laura Rodley
HERE.


Laura Rodley


Pushcart Prize winner Laura Rodley's latest books are Turn Left at Normal by Big Table Press, Counter Point by Prolific Press, and Ribbons and Moths Poems for Children, winner of the Children's Nonfiction International Book Award and medalist for the Moonbeam Book Award for Children's Poetry. 


Follow Feed the Holy
 

1 comment:

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

Hospital train by Mykyta Ryzhykh

Hospital (Medical) Train Doctors Without Borders Hospital train Definite article Infinitive of rain The carriage is filled with emptiness...