Friday, June 20, 2025

Love and Shadow by Sushant Thapa

Tasha Kamrowski


Love and Shadow
 
  

I take a fresh walk

No shadows follow me

 

I open my windows 

To the spring that lighted itself with happiness

 

They say happiness is inventive 

But I see spring 

And meet the beauty of autumn leaf 

That falls every season

And is never late—the fall is celebratory 

And leaves are too soft to hurt anyone. 

 

My shadow was the only me I have known

Except my digital clone. 

 

I know I can pluck the midnight moon

I know I can drink the nectar from your eyes. 

 

We lay in wonder 

Covered in imageries 

Leaves fall 

I enjoy the rustling dried sound. 

 

You left, 

I left a note beside your mirror. 

 

Did you see your image in the mirror 

While collecting my last note to you? 

 

Love is like apple seed 

It is the inner core. 

Love keeps the doctor away

It heals through 

Kisses and embrace. 

Love accepts the shadows 

Because the beloved is the 

Caring source of light. 

 

I meditate in your silence 

You are a green 

Of the dew-covered spring. 

 

Your carved statue 

Is my symbolic late-night candle. 

 

You open up your perception doors 

And healing starts. 


© Sushant Thapa


Enjoy more posts by Sushant Thapa HERE.


Sushant Thapa

Sushant Thapa is a Nepalese poet who holds an M.A. in English from Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, India, with nine books of English poems and one short story collection to his credit. His poems are published at The Kathmandu Post, Trouvaille Review, Lothlorien Poetry Journal, Outlook India, Corporeal Lit Mag, Feed the Holy, Masticadores USA,  Indian Review, etc. He is an English lecturer in Biratnagar, Nepal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

One Day in 3020 by Soodabeh Saeidnia

akın akdağ One Day in 3020 children will be riding viruses, galloping them off to playgrounds, and dashing the most stubborn ones over the ...