Wednesday, May 21, 2025

Rocking chair hum by Gillian Lionberger

 

Arturo Albarran

Rocking chair hum


It’s already 2:00 p.m. 

         I haven’t made the bed ​

                peeled off the dandruff dryer lint

    ran the dishwasher 

the sky is blinding
powder blue

clouds blow out of my

                                dollar tree bubble wand

temperature lets me shed headphones

not my skin in the heat of the sun

            grass is pleasantly abrasive 

                              I want to bottle it up 

                                                     my camera is smudged

my head is foggy

memory popping with the bubbles 

I’ll try to remember I can come

                                        breathe it in 

                                                      again tomorrow 


 © Gillian Lionberger


Enjoy other posts by Gillian Lionberger HERE.


Gillian Lionberger

Gillian Lionberger studies in the heart of her Appalachian culture at Hollins University’s MFA program. Her inspiration comes from little objects that lovely-clutter hearts, tapping into the concreteness of language, and coffee spreads across prose, poetry, and non-fiction. She also enjoys fencing, Persona games, and playing with her two dogs. 

2 comments:

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

One Day in 3020 by Soodabeh Saeidnia

akın akdağ One Day in 3020 children will be riding viruses, galloping them off to playgrounds, and dashing the most stubborn ones over the ...