Thursday, November 28, 2024

Grateful Heart by Cynthia Cady Stanton

 

Balazs Simon 


Grateful Heart

A lifting above

and a grounding below,

a warming at the center –

when I remember.

It is like the unexpected gift

presented with love

and perfect timing.

Or the lightness of being

that comes

with surrender

and trust –

even in the midst of

struggle or pain.

I hold onto it

even as I let go,

allowing the divine

to move through,

heal me with its dawning.

“I was born with a grateful heart,”

says the patient

on her dying bed.

I marvel at the gift she has

and how it fills her up at the end,

easing the way.

And then I remember,

so was I.

© Cynthia Cady Stanton

Enjoy other posts by Cynthia Cady Stanton HERE.

Cynthia Cady Stanton

Cynthia Cady Stanton is a woman with a deepening awareness of life and spirit, and a desire to share her spiritual understandings as a helpful, healing presence for others. She lives as a mom, wife, friend, sister, and grief counselor. Cynthia describes herself as "an accidental poet." She discovered her poetic voice four years ago while writing in a coffee shop. Since then, she has published hundreds of poems on her blog. Her voice offers reassurance and deeper understanding. She offers her writings as a means to promote love, grace, mindfulness, and healing. Cynthia has been a featured contributor on Phoebe.com several times and had a poem nominated as Poem of the Month on Spillwords.com. You can find her poems here: becomingandbeholding.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be supportive and kind in your comments.

Featured Post

THE OAK by John Grey

Simon BB THE OAK The tree is alive. So alive I check whether I’m being followed. I knock on the trunk. The sound goes in. Something absorbs ...