![]() |
Country Gods
I believe in the power of country gods
in the deep dark of the woods
in coyote howl and gull shriek
the sighing of winter winds
in snow-draped pines
I believe in white-capped waves
on wind-driven waters
the fall of browned oak leaves
and the swoop of swallows
I believe in the delicacy of deer
the lumbering waddle of fat bears
the flitting of chittering chipmunks
I kneel in the nave of nature’s church
dip my hands in the font
of her holy waters
and pray that she will always be
Enjoy more posts by Gregg Norman HERE.
![]() |
| Gregg Norman |
Gregg Norman lives and writes in a lakeside cottage in Manitoba, Canada, with his wife and a small dog who runs the joint. His poetry has been placed in journals and literary magazines in Canada, the USA, the UK, Australia, Europe, and India. He is a 2024 Best of the Net nominee.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be supportive and kind in your comments.